Summer Residence Course Mainz
INTERESTING ABOUT MAINZ
Mainz is the capital of the federal state Rhineland-Palatinate (Rheinland–Pfalz) and in the same time the biggest city in the state with about 200.000 inhabitants. Mainz is located across from Wiesbaden on the river Rhine, which is lovely named by the Germans “Father Rhine”. Mainz and Wiesbaden are divided only by the Theodor-Heuss bridge; in the western part of the Mainz is situated Frankfurt and builds Rhine-Main Region.
Mainz is a city with over two thousand years of history. The first European books printed using movable type were manufactured in Mainz by Jonannes Gutenberg in the early 1450s. Not in vain Mainz is named the city of Media. The “Old Town” in Mainz with the half-timbered houses is
the historical part of city with its famous sightseeing as Cathedral of St. Martin (Mainzer Dom), which is over 1.000 years old, the Churches of St. Augustin (Augustinerkirche) in Rococo Style, St. Stephan Church with Mystic light of Chagall, Christ Church and many other churches.
Our residence in the modern Rhine-Main Youth Hostel in Mainz is right next to the grounds of Mainzer Volkspark, which offers plenty of leisure activities for all ages. History, modernity and a cheerful mentality characterise Mainz, the state capital of Rhineland-Palatinate, leaving visitors feeling right at home.
- Spacious entrance area with reception, communications area, dining room, bistro with outdoor terrace, café/bar, snack area, play area.
- Internet terminal, board games, barbecue area, children's playground, table tennis, very large areas for ball games and playing in front of the residence, several paddling pools, tyre swing, baseball field, boules area, 1200-square metre skating area, disc golf course (professional game supervision available for a charge).
- Accessible rooms are available for wheelchair users.
- Each room is equipped with an en-suite shower/WC.
- Mainz – City Tour
- Visiting of the Gutenberg -Museum
- Wiesbaden – City Tour
- Visiting of the Carneval-Museum
- Visiting of the Gutenberg University in Mainz
- Frankfurt – City Tour
- Sport activities outside/inside (swimming, mini-golf etc.)
- Visiting of German-Roman Museum Mainz
- Idar Oberstein – City Tour with Visiting of the Jewel-Museum
- Visiting of the Football Stadion (Opel Arena Mainz 05) etc.
GERMAN STANDARD COURSE
In the residence our juniors (13-16 y.o.) will get the german course with 20 lessons per week. They will have 4 lessons per day in the morning from Monday till Friday. After lunch
the students have enough to discover the interesting places in Mainz. During the classes the juniors train such skills as speaking, writing, reading and listening comprehension. Our teachers prepare the interesting topics for discussion, which encourage young learns to use the language and make them take an active part
in the lessons.
On the first school day a placement test will be written and according to the results the students will be placed into the appropriate group.
The course can be started every Monday during the summer program.
Duration of the program: 4 weeks, from
07.07.2024 – 03.08.2024
Arrival day – Sunday;
departure day – Saturday.
The course is scheduled for students with the min. language level A1.
FREE ACTIVITY AND EXCURSIONS
Our free activity program in the afternoon includes sport activities, short excursions etc. One full-day excursion to the one of the places: Frankfurt, Idar-Oberstein, Rüdesheim or Saarbrücken etc. is a part of our rich leisure program. Our staff prepares every week a new program, with which our juniors cannot get bored!
IN THE PROGRAM INCLUDED
- Standard course with 20 lessons per week with teaching material
- Accommodation in the residence in the 3 or 4 bedded rooms
- Full-board (packed lunch during the full-day excursions)
- daily afternoon activities
- 1 full-day excursion (per 2 weeks stay)
- Placement test/Interview on the first school day
- Certificate at the end of the course
- Local Transportation Card
SUMMER LANGUAGE CAMP MAINZ
STANDARD COURSE / 20 LESSONS PER WEEK
07.07.2024 – 03.08.2024